Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Tree Paad

We went to a family entertainment center called the Tree Paad that's right in Glens Falls, NY ( which is where I grew up). Not only was there a lot to do but it was also brand new.
(I was relieved with the brand new part because it was really clean--these places can become dingy pretty quickly.) We loved that it provided something to do for all ages. The main attraction there is a two-story, mesh-enclosed area with slides, LOTS of balls, vacuum tubes for the balls, obstacle courses, tunnels, etc.
My kids (and big kid) spent most of their time with the airguns shown below. First, you gather the balls:
Then you load them into the airgun:
Then you aim and shoot at the people on the ground below:I was watching Morgan in another play area and I overheard a little boy tell his mom about a big man that was shooting at the kids. (Alan later told me that they started it first.) There was also an enclosed area with big foam blocks that Logan and Morgan had fun building with.
I turned my head for just a moment and when I looked back at Morgan I caught him force-feeding his little cousin. He loved having someone smaller than him around.
Alan, Dagan and Logan played Laser Tag for the first time as well. Dagan was on a team with his uncle.
Logan was on a team with Alan. The smallest vest was way too big for him so his aunt wore it while he held the gun. It was hysterical when we got the score printouts and saw that Logan shot himself. Alan, his teammate, found it a little less funny.
Alan had the best player score (though with his handicap his team lost) which was ruled unfair by the group since he has weapons training/target practice annually.











No comments: