Sunday, August 17, 2008

Morgan's 2nd Birthday Parties!

Morgan's second birthday, July 23rd, fell on a day while we were on our camping trip. Nevertheless, I try to give my children little room in future years to look back and think they were gypped. (This is especially true for Dagan's birthday, December 26th.) So we brought the party supplies to the campsite. Fortunately, there is an Associated Foods store in Loa, nearby, where I was able to order a cake. Morgan already has his own interests--dinosaurs, sports and planes. We had a dinosaur-themed party for him on the 23rd with Alan's side of the family.
Here is the dinosaur cake we ordered:
And Morgan enjoying a piece:
Opening a present from one of his aunts:
His stash of gifts that relatives were so kind to think of and bring camping:
The following day was July 24th and that was the day that we got back from camping. We went out to lunch at The Mayan with Grammy (my Mom) to celebrate Morgan's birthday.
Alan and I aren't too crazy about the food there but the kids love the high diving show, jungle atmosphere and the Indians that come to your table. This is also where Dagan picked to eat out on the last day of school in June after kindergarten graduation. Kids put a lot more value on the entertainment than the food...then again how can you mess up something off of the kids menu?
After The Mayan, we re-created the birthday celebration back at our house with Grammy.
The leftover cake was noticeably smaller. Dagan and Logan insisted we put two candles on again so that they could blow them out again. Morgan hasn't quite mastered this skill yet.

Dagan and Logan above think we should have two birthday celebrations for all of our birthdays! Morgan is opening round #2 of presents in this photo:
I can't believe my baby is 2! My favorite thing that Morgan does right now is initiate kisses and hugs all the time. He's always coming up to me, throwing his arms around me and giving me a kiss. He even seems to be in tune with when Mommy could really use a hug and kiss the most. He loves to give Daddy loves too and won't lay down at night until Dagan, Logan and myself (Daddy's usually at work) give him a round of kisses at his crib. He is the most lovable, kissable, adorable baby! We love you Morgan and are so glad you are a special part of our family!
(Being two years old also means you miss out on a lot of things after you go to bed.) Later that same night Alan gave my Mom, Dagan, Logan and I a pretty decent fireworks show at the end of our driveway in celebration of July 24th, Utah's state holiday.
Dagan and Logan enjoying 1. the fireworks display and 2. being up way past bedtime:

No comments: