Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Logan's 5th Birthday!

Logan's fifth birthday was Friday, September 19th--six days after Dagan and I returned from NY. His party came together though and I think it was a really special day for him. The theme he chose was Star Wars so we decorated accordingly. I loved his cake that we ordered:
Logan and I went alone to the party store together earlier that week to pick out the party decorations, games and favors.
Logan had seven friends from preschool and the neighborhood attend. They were such a fun combination. Here they are painting Star Wars pictures:
Logan picked out a "pin the electronic buttons on Darth Vader" game. We blindfolded the children and they all took a turn.
They were all excited for Star Wars cake, ice cream and kool-aid:
Then we played party BINGO:
and took turns hitting the Darth Vader pinata. They scurried around so quickly to get the candy. It was fun to watch.
We put up our inflatables in the backyard for Logan's party as well. The one in the picture below on the right we got for the kids for Christmas a couple of years ago and use it a lot inside during the winter to fight off cabin fever. The one on the left is actually a water park that we bought for the kids in June and was a hit all summer long for the kids and their friends. Of course, in September we didn't have the water running through it but they seemed to enjoy it anyways.
So at this age there are noticeable differences in play between the boys:
and the girls:
Logan received some really fun presents. His friends know him well. He got a lot of bug collecting paraphernalia. His favorite gift was a Darth Vader transformer from Mom and Dad.
Logan's stash:
Thankfully, though a normal mom would probably say "sadly", Morgan slept through the entire party. He has no idea what he even missed. Here is a photo we took after he woke up.
I had to include this picture. My Mom got Logan a Transformer umbrella, as while Dagan and I were in NY she used hers and Logan said he wanted one. He didn't forget about it either. Just one of those "Logan things" that he deems useful and just can't live without. He was so excited when it finally rained at one of his soccer games a couple weeks later and he got to use it. He has more fun taking it out of the case, opening and closing it than anything. He makes me laugh so much.

In celebration of Logan turning five, here are five special things we love about Logan:

1. Mom: I love it when Logan snuggles with me and watches a movie.
2. Dad: I love playing Transformers with.
3. Dagan: I love his toys.
4. Mom: I love Logan's vocabulary and some of the words that this five year old uses properly blow me away.
5. Dad: I think Logan is a great soccer player.

We are so glad Logan is part of our family. He adds so much color to everything we do as a family. He's a very lovable boy and I hope he always stays that way.





2 comments:

Kent and Julie said...

WOW - i can't believe he is already 5!! He is so cute!!

Kelli said...

Where the heck did all those years go? I swear he is like 2 still! Well, I miss ya, and even though I can see your house from my back window, it is still so far away =(
I have my blog set to private, so email me and I will add you!
Love ya!!
kelliconger@msn.com