Saturday, September 27, 2008

Logan Starts Preschool!

On September 2nd Logan started preschool. He turned 5 on September 19th but the cutoff for kindergarten entrance in Utah is September 1st. (We look at it as a bonus year to maybe catch up in size to the other children his age:) Conveniently, as with Dagan's former preschool, Logan's is also just a couple of streets over from us out of a neighbor's home. His teacher, Miss Jodi, taught in a public school until she had four children of her own. Grapevine Preschool had an Open House for the families to attend prior to school starting. Here are a few photos we took at the Open House. The third one has Morgan in it as well, having some refreshments with Logan.



Here is Logan on his first day of preschool:
Below are Dagan and Logan in front of our house. This is the first day ever that they are both going to school. Logan has anxiously awaited this moment for a very long time.
Dagan telling Logan what school will be like:
Logan so grown up on the front porch at his preschool:
I had to share something that Logan did the other day that made me laugh. He has been asking me since the beginning of last year when he would start kindergarten. My all-too-assuming response was "when you're five". I failed to explain to him "the academic year that starts after you turn five". He attends preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays but Monday morning as I'm getting Dagan ready for school, Logan is scurrying around asking me to help him get a "show-and-tell" for kindergarten. (???) I asked him why he thought he was going to kindergarten and he said because he turned five on Friday. Poor boy was so disappointed when I explained he has to wait another 11 months. (My children measure distant future events by how many birthdays and holidays have to pass first.) However, once I pointed out that if he went to kindergarten Miss Jodi would not be his teacher, he was relieved to still be in preschool.

1 comment:

Brea Marie said...

That is so sweet that Logan thought he was joining Kindergarten after his birthday! He is so adorable. I love the smile on Morgan's face in the picture. Reminds me of DaKoda when she's trying to be silly. Glad to hear both boys (Dagan and Logan)are liking school.